About the UCF HFES Chapter
The members of the UCF Student Chapter of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) are mostly students at the University of Central Florida (UCF), enrolled in the Applied Experimental and Human Factors Psychology, Modeling and Simulation, and Industrial Engineering graduate programs. Our faculty advisor is Dr. Mark Neider. The Student Chapter gives members the opportunity to further their professional goals by encouraging members to attend conferences and sponsoring colloquia where members have the opportunity to meet the foremost researchers in the field.
- Serve as the advocate and official representative of its members and add to the prestige of our University and the discipline of human factors and ergonomics.
- Disseminate information and increase awareness of human factors and ergonomics at the local, state, national, and international level.
- Organize and conduct activities to promote the professional development of its members.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues relevant to human factors and ergonomics and foster students' understanding and involvement within the field.
- Establish and work toward achieving scientific, professional, and educational objectives based on tradition, innovation, and integrity.
Current and Previous Officers
- 2013 Calendar Year Officers
- 2012 Calendar Year Officers
- 2011 Calendar Year Officers
- 2010-2011 School Year Officers
- 2009-2010 School Year Officers
- 2008-2009 School Year Officers
- 2007-2008 School Year Officers
- Recognition as Gold Level Chapter (2011-2012)
- Recognition as Gold Level Chapter (2010-2011)
- 3rd Place 2011 HFES What Is Human Factors/Ergonomics? Contest
(Video available here)
- Recognition as Silver Level Chapter (2007-2008)
- HFES International Best Student Chapter Award (2004)
- 2nd place NEM (2004)
- 2nd place NEM (2003)
- Best Student Chapter Award (2000)
HFES Student Members with Honors
- Michelle Harper (2004)
- Sherri Rehfeld (2004)
- Raegan Hoeft (2003)
- Sandro Scielzo (2003)
- Haydee Cuevas (2002)
- Jim Hitt (2000)
- Lori Rhodenizer (2000)